Sunday 11 April 2010

Cathedral Tree screensaver

1280 x 1024; click to enlarge

1280x800; click to enlarge

1024 x 768; click to enlarge

I have been looking into a new and more self-evident menu for the website. I have also been trying to found out more about stomatopod vision, so it is perhaps no wonder there was little time for an extensive post. But I thought I could give you something new: a Furaha screen saver. The scene is that of an open forest dominated by cathedral trees. It is early morning, and the shadows are still long.

Click on the image, which should open a larger version. Right-clicking on that should allow you to copy it and set it up as a screensaver.

The three resolutions (1024 x 768, 1280 x 800 and 1280 x 1024) are the ones most readers use; together they serve over 50% of readers. The remainder almost all use higher resolutions. The original image is at 1920x1200, so I can produce a larger one if anyone wants me to. By the way, issue 32 of Cosmos Magazine should be out in Australia now, and it has another scene of the same forest in it. I will write more about it when my copy arrives.

5 comments:

j. w. bjerk said...

stromopod vision is facinating!

Evan Black said...

Yet another brilliant piece of artwork! I need to get my hands on some 3D software to do that kind of stuff; preferably something free...

Sylvia said...

Amazing picture, as usual!
Those cathedral trees are superb!
++ S

Sigmund Nastrazzurro said...

J.W.: the troublesome truth is that stomatopod nor dragonfly vision may be good enough to allow a brachiating life style; more later...

Evan: I rechecked your site: there's lots more work, and I like it! As for free software, have a look at Blender. As for landscapes, please have a look at Terragen.

Sylvia: coming from you, that IS a compliment. Je te remercie, et je t'envoie un email. Il faut que nous nous revoyons; 'Future Evolution' à Bruxelles, ça te dit quelque chose?

Evan Black said...

Thanks! Keep a lookout there, as there's still a lot more growing to do.

I'll look into those programs, too.